Sunday, March 2, 2014

Philadelphia Flower Show 2014

Going to the Philadelphia Flower Show has been a tradition in my family since my parents first met when my dad was in medical school at Jefferson and my mother worked there as a dietician back in the early 1950's.  The flower show is always amazing ....... how about these HUGE paper flowers that were hanging from the upper balconies.

..... and this burst of color at the main entrance to the show !  The flower show comes at the perfect time .....i.e.  "sick of winter" beginning of March with no sign of spring ......

.... and nothing says "Spring" to me more than pussy willows .....

.....and hyacinths .....

....and tulips ......

.......and daffodils !!!!  

Yes, if it's Philadelphia Flower Show time,  then spring (the real spring) can't be far behind (right ?)  ......maybe after the next snow storm we're supposed to get tomorrow .......

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: